There is a pain free treatment available at Idaho Foot and Ankle Center called MLS Laser Therapy. This treatment has no known side effects , has been cleared by the FDA since 2009, has a 90% success rate , and can speed the healing process. It is used to treat many different conditions including:
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Acute/Chronic Pain
- Pain Due to Injuries such as sprains, etc
- Plantar Fasciitis
There are many benefits to using MLS Laser Therapy!
- Anti-Inflammatory: MLS Laser Therapy has an anti-edema effect, it also activates the lymphatic drainage system which drains swollen areas. As a result, there is a reduction in swelling caused by bruising or inflammation.
- Analgesic: MLS Laser Therapy has a beneficial effect on nerve cells. It blocks pain transmitted by these cells to the brain which decreases nerve sensitivity. Also, due to the decreased inflammation, there is less edema and less pain.
- Accelerated Tissue Repair and Cell Growth: Photons of light from lasers penetrate deeply into tissue and accelerate cellular reproduction and growth. The laser light increases the energy available to the cell so that the cell can take on nutrients faster and get rid of waste products. As a result of exposure to laser light, damaged cells are repaired faster.
- Improved Vascular Activity: Laser light will significantly increase the formation of new capillaries in damaged tissue which speeds up the healing process, closes wounds quickly, and reduces scar tissue.
- Increases Metabolic Activity: MLS Laser Therapy creates higher outputs of specific enzymes, greater oxygen and food particle loads for blood cells.
- Trigger Points and Acupuncture Points: MLS Laser Therapy stimulates muscle trigger points and acupuncture points on a non-invasive basis providing musculoskeletal pain relief.
- Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation: MLS® Laser Therapy reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns, or surgery.
- Improved Nerve Function: Slow recovery of nerve functions in damaged tissue can result in numbness and impaired limbs. Laser light speeds the process of nerve cell reconnection and increase the amplitude of action potentials to optimize muscle healing.
- Immunoregulation: Laser light has a direct effect on immunity status by stimulating immunoglobulins and lymphocytes. Laser emissions are absorbed by molecule enzymes that react to laser light. Upon exposure to the laser, the enzyme is activated and starts the production of ATP, which is the major carrier of cell energy and the energy source for all chemical reactions in the cells.
- Faster Wound Healing: Laser light stimulates fibroblast development in damaged tissue. Fibroblasts are the building blocks of collagen, which is the essential protein required to replace old tissue or to repair tissue injuries. As a result, MLS® Laser Therapy is effective post surgically and in the treatment of open wounds and burns.
Now that you have learned about the benefits, you may have some questions! Let us help you with some answers to Frequently Asked Questions!
Does It Hurt? What Does The Treatment Feel Like?
How Long Does The Treatment Take?
How Many Treatments Does It Take?
If you are tired of living with foot or ankle pain and ready to see if MLS Laser Therapy is right for you, contact Dr. Kylin Kovac at Idaho Foot and Ankle Center.