A physical condition or injury can affect your mobility and quality of life. Idaho Foot and Ankle Center is dedicated to get you back to your everyday activities! With the addition of the MLS Laser Therapy , Dr. Kylin Kovac is bringing cutting edge medical technology and offering you the finest in Podiatric health care! MLS Laser Therapy uses concentrated light energy to stimulate the body’s own healing process.
This therapy can also speed up the process of relieving inflammation and pain associated with many conditions including:
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Arthritis and Bursitis
- Wound Healing
- Sports/Work Injuries
- Post Surgical Recovery
- Sprains and Strains
MLS Laser Therapy has a 90% success rate, is pain free, and has no known side effects. Other benefits include:
- Anti-Inflammatory: MLS Laser Therapy has an anti-edema effect as it causes the dilatation of blood vessels, but also because it activates the lymphatic drainage system which drains swollen areas. As a result, there is a reduction in swelling caused by bruising or inflammation.
- Analgesic: MLS Laser Therapy has a beneficial effect on nerve cells. It blocks pain transmitted by these cells to the brain which decreases nerve sensitivity. Also, due to the decreased inflammation, there is less swelling and less pain.
- Accelerated Tissue Repair and Cell Growth: Photons of light from lasers penetrate deeply into tissue and accelerate cellular reproduction and growth. The laser light increases the energy available to the cell so that the cell can take on nutrients faster and get rid of waste products. As a result of exposure to laser light, damaged cells are repaired faster.
- Improved Vascular Activity: Laser light will significantly increase the formation of new capillaries in damaged tissue which speeds up the healing process, closes wounds quickly, and reduces scar tissue.
- Increases Metabolic Activity: MLS Laser Therapy creates higher outputs of specific enzymes, greater oxygen and food particle loads for blood cells.
- Trigger Points and Acupuncture Points: MLS Laser Therapy stimulates muscle trigger points and acupuncture points on a noninvasive basis providing musculoskeletal pain relief.
- Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation: MLS Laser Therapy reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns, or surgery.
- I mproved Nerve Function: Slow recovery of nerve functions in damaged tissue can result in numbness and impaired limbs. Laser light speeds the process of nerve cell reconnection and increase the amplitude of action potentials to optimize muscle healing.
- Faster Wound Healing: Laser light stimulates fibroblast development in damaged tissue. Fibroblasts are the building blocks of collagen, which is the essential protein required to replace old tissue or to repair tissue injuries. As a result, MLS Laser Therapy is effective post surgically and in the treatment of open wounds and burns.
Heather is a patient who has experienced some the benefits of using MLS Laser Therapy . She said, “I can’t believe where I am two weeks post surgery with the laser treatments. It’s night and day different from my first surgery. I’m off almost all pain meds, I’m sleeping well, and I have mobility in my ankle. The laser is absolutely worth it! ” To learn more about the benefits and frequently asked questions about this therapy, click here !
If you are experiencing problems that are affecting you and your feet, contact Dr. Kylin Kovac at Idaho Foot and Ankle Center. MLS Laser Therapy might be the answer you have been seeking to help manage pain, reduce inflammation, and restore mobility!