A physical condition or foot and ankle injury can affect your mobility and quality of life. Idaho Foot and Ankle Center is dedicated to getting you back to your everyday activities. With the addition of the MLS Laser Therapy at Idaho Foot and Ankle Center, Dr. Kylin Kovac and Dr. Jed Erickson are bringing you cutting edge medical technology and offering you the finest in podiatric health care.
What is MLS Laser Therapy? This is an FDA- cleared treatment which uses concentrated light energy to stimulate the body’s own healing process. This therapy can speed up the process of relieving inflammation and pain associated with many conditions.
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Acute/Chronic Pain
- Pain Due to Injuries such as Sprains & Strains
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Work/Sports Injuries
- Wound Healing
- Post Surgical Recovery
There are many benefits to using MLS Laser Therapy. A few of the main benefits include:
1. Anti-Inflammatory: MLS Laser Therapy has an anti-edema effect as it causes vasodilation, but also because it activates the lymphatic drainage system which drains swollen areas. As a result, there is a reduction in swelling caused by bruising or inflammation.
2. Analgesic: MLS Laser Therapy has a beneficial effect on nerve cells. It blocks pain transmitted by these cells to the brain which decreases nerve sensitivity. Also, due to the decreased inflammation, there is less edema and less pain.
3. Improved Nerve Function: Slow recovery of nerve functions in damaged tissue can result in numbness and impaired limbs. Laser light speeds the process of nerve cell reconnection and increase the amplitude of action potentials to optimize muscle healing.
4. Faster Wound Healing: Laser light stimulates fibroblast development in damaged tissue. Fibroblasts are the building blocks of collagen, which is the essential protein required to replace old tissue or to repair tissue injuries. As a result, MLS Laser Therapy is effective post surgically and in the treatment of open wounds and burns.
MLS Laser Therapy can be a very effective treatment that is drug-free and has no known side effects. If you are struggling with foot or ankle pain, please contact our specialists at Idaho Foot and Ankle Center for an appointment to see if MLS Laser Therapy is right for you!